cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber web SDK - multiple app's in the same browser session sharing ?

fgarza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community ! 

we have been working in a jabber web sdk integration into our web applications and we have been encountering some errors when trying to share the web communicator session trough them... currently we have 2 apps that make use of this integration and our goal is to ask the user to login into the jabber services a single time when using this applications... 

first of all I'm not completely sure that is possible since docs doesn't go to deep into this kind of integrations... sample code just include a what is like to be the happy path doesn't show to much details on how we should handle a session sharing between two or more web apps... 

we are using a recent version of angular and the latest version of the cwic library,  web communicator extension and add-on

any help would be appreciated thanks !

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Due to the architecture of the SDK solution - JS library, add-on, native client - there can only really be one instance of the SDK registered at a time...this makes it tricky to use it across multiple web sites.
About the best approach I've seen is to implement the SDK/soft-phone core functionality as a custom browser add-on (e.g. a Chrome extension) that can then be used/referenced from any/all pages.  (Unfortunately I don't have any working samples of such..)