Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for MAC Disable User Auto Discovery

vincent.mignano
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I am trying to disable the auto discovery of a user on an internal domain on a MAC device.

Also, trying to find out how to do a fresh install on a MAC with user discovery disabled.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!!!

Vincent Mignano
3 Replies 3

I understand that you would like to stop auto discovery of UC services for MAC Jabber users. However, this is not possible to disable for only one user. Disabling auto discovery from the DNS server would disable it for all users.

To activate UC service with Jabber for MAC when the auto discover is disable, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the "Advanced Settings" tab.
2. Enter the UC server details as shown in the following screenshot:
Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 8.31.03 PM.png

Once you open jabber and enter the username in the format UserID@domain.com, jabber will use the domain.com to find the server who provide the service using SRV configured. 

First it try to find the _collab-edge and if cannot find it try to resolve the _cisco-uds srv.

Removing SRV from DNS , will affect all users.

Apparently there is no configurations on jabber which disable the SRV lookup. To manually point the jabber to specific  server, 

From advanced settings, provide the UC settings as shown by @Ibrahim AlQumairi 

IMG_FB8A856399CF-1.jpeg

Response Signature

Hey All,

I think I must have explained it wrong. In Windows Jabber install, you can disable the UPN Discovery Mode so the username does not get auto-populated, where you cannot add it manually. If Jabber is already installed. you can change the Registry setting so it does not discover the username. I am looking for the same setting change on the MAC version of Jabber. Can you assist ?

Thanks in advanced!

Vincent Mignano