cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Bar Touch Panel Required Issue

Ed Deocampo
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco Room Bar with the Navigator Touch Panel that is using connection mode through the network instead of direct connect. It works perfectly and there are no errors. However, we are receiving issue notification indicating that a "Touch Pannel is Required" 

Webex Device Issues is triggered. Following is the alert Summary:
Issues detected: Touch panel required.
Device Name: CLT Floor3 Balcony Conference

When I checked both the Cisco Room Bar and Cisco Navigator is showing Online. I caught a brief issue detail on it that states it's because it has no directly connected touch panel peripheral. We are running version RoomOS 11.6.1.5 1058dcbc695. Please let us know if there is anyway we can suppress the alert or outright resolve it. Thank you all for your time. 

4 Replies 4

This can happen for a few reasons, such as:

• The Touch Panel is not connected to the network.
  • The Touch Panel is not on the same subnet as the Room Bar.

If you have checked all of these things and the notification is still appearing, you can try to reset both the Cisco Room Bar and Touch Panel.

Thank you for the reply Ibrahim. The Navigator Touch Panel is connected to the network and showing "Online" Same Subnet as the Cisco Room Bar. The Room Bar is .2 and the Navigator Touch Panel is .3. When the alert arrives on Webex, both devices show Online. I'll take a look at it some more and we'll see. Please share if you have any other thoughts on this. Thank you again.  

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As a test, does the error go away if you connect the Room Navigator panel directly to the Room Bar? If yes, I’d open at TAC case and provide detailed logs. I’m not aware of a documented requirement that the panel be directly connected - although, in my experience, that approach is far less fickle. I presume there is a solid reason you  couldn’t do that here.

CJinTAS
Level 1
Level 1

I have the identical issue, though our navigator is plugged directly into the room bar. Keen to hear if you resolved this issue.