cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoCollabHost.exe runs constantly and generates a large number of network events

lzhu
Level 1
Level 1

We are tracking a high number of events related to "CiscoCollabHost.exe", and these events are related to the execution of "CiscoCollabHost.exe". As long as someone is logged into the WebEx Teams app even when not in use, the CiscoCollabHost.exe runs continuously and cause a large number of network events.

Could someone please explain why this is happening, and if this is a normal behavior? 

Execution path:\User Profile\AppData\Local\Programs\Cisco Spark\CiscoCollabHost.exe.

2 Replies 2

secureB00T
Level 1
Level 1

An answer to this would be really helpful, as I too have this question.  I'm seeing a lot of network events being logged and all of the IPs (globally - UK, Japan, US, etc.) seem to be related to webex - my thinking is this is normal and expected behavior and network connectivity is happening with Cisco's Webex servers. 

Regardless, some explanation would be helpful. 

Hi,

Webex app continuously communicate with Webex Servers spread in different countries. CiscoCollabHost.exe is the process responsible of keeping communications active and allows you to receive Messages, Users Status search for updates and many other functions dedicated to the APP.  The same behaviour you should find in other Collaboration Apps due to the nature of this solution.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"