cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enhanced Tracking Jabber over Wireless Access Points?

Jimmi2shooz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

Wondering if any of you out there have had issues with deploying the enhanced tracking in CUCM 12.5, that enables call manager to track Jabber desktop (CSF) clients via the wireless access points. 
I believe I have this mostly working.  The jabber config xml file has the necessary tracking parameters set to "true" and I have our standard broadcasted SSID configured in the whitelist.  This xml file has been assigned to the UC service profile that is associated with all our end user accounts. 

However, I am noticing that not all CSF clients are being acknowledged by the access points configured in CUCM. 

All access points in CUCM have been discovered by the Wire LAN Controllers which have been provisioned in CUCM. 

We have tested by having someone walk directly under an access point and confirm connectivity.  We then look in CUCM at that same access point, and it shows zero devices being tracked/connected. 
We've provided both CUCM and CER traces to TAC for tests from both a working site and a nonworking site. Both being in the same CUCM and CER clusters.

TAC claim to have found no issues at all with our configs, nor the processes happening in the background.
TAC's wireless engineer told me that access point configs have no impact on this service functioning properly.  

Any suggestions form the community?

Thanks!

0 Replies 0