Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Email Security Appliance (Iron Port) License Renewal

Hello Team,

Could you please share the process for Cisco Email Security Compliance License renewal process. Or If possible please schedule a call to so that i can explain about our environment and i will get my queries clarified. 

Thanks & Regards

Adokshija Reddy 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on version you using if you are using anything above 12.X  is smart license.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/214614-smart-licensing-overview-and-best-practi.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

License renewals are usually done through Cisco resellers or Sales teams for the product, once you have a sales order you can open a TAC case to work with the Licensing team directly.

Regards,

Libin

Hi @Libin Varghese 

Can you please share your views on below points

1) Is it something we cant renew without involving cisco licensing team.

2) Also please share if you have step by step document of how to renew it.

If the License you mean traditional or smart License,

Either case, you need to buy a renewal License from Local vendor associated with your Kit SR NO, so the featureskeys automatically update if you have open to Cisco License, or get feature keys and update manually.

BB

hi @balaji.bandi 

Thanks for your reply. It is smart license

Do you have any document which i can refer for this license renewal activity. Also can you please explain what do you mean by open to Cisco license statement ?

Hope below guide help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/214614-smart-licensing-overview-and-best-practi.html

Also can you please explain what do you mean by open to Cisco license statement ?

I mean the device need to connect to cisco smart license server (if you have any FW you required to open that requirement).

BB