cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CM Switch Box

Will Castle
Level 1
Level 1

Our Forum Alert III Secondary Crash Net (SCN) is inoperable. I've heard the cisco cm could be configured to set up some devices to act as a ringdown, they called it a “Switch Box.” This would allow our Base Operations guys to have a work around from the inoperable secondary crash net. Have anyone else heard of this method?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@Will Castle - I have the link opening in a New Window so it may be your browser's security settings preventing the link from working. Here is the link to the doc: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/featureConfig/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-1251/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-1251_chapter_0101001.html

Maren

View solution in original post

So CUCM can show you Dependency Records by opening a record and then, in the "Related Links" menu select Dependency Records and Go.

Enabling Dependency Records requires an Enterprise Parameter change. (Which, unsurprisingly, is called "Enable Dependency Records") Most organizations I've worked with turn this to True and leave it that way.

@Roger Kallberg is a good guy, so please cut him some slack.

Maren

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

CUCM phones can be set up as a PLAR/Hotline, if that is what you are asking. Below is a link to the 'how to' for this feature from CUCM 12.5. It is the same procedure, though, if you have a different version of CUCM. The feature and its configuration hasn't changed in a while

Feature Configuration Guide for CUCM - Chapter: Private Line Automatic Ringdown 

If that's not what you are looking for, let us know.

Maren

That's exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't get the link to open.

The link works for me.

Response Signature

@Will Castle - I have the link opening in a New Window so it may be your browser's security settings preventing the link from working. Here is the link to the doc: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/featureConfig/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-1251/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-1251_chapter_0101001.html

Maren

Will Castle
Level 1
Level 1

I had to log into a laptop not on our network to access the link.

I've followed the SIP instructions, but it didn't work as planned. I tried deleting the partitions/css I've created, but I'm getting an error message: "Error occurred. One or more record did not get deleted. The pkid column in the route partition table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records, remove the reference, and then try the delete again". How do I fix this. 

It clearly says “check the dependency records”. If you do that you’ll see what is stopping you from deleting whatever your trying to remove.

Response Signature

I don't know if you're being a smart azz or not, but NOT everyone is well versed in Cisco as you might be. If I knew how to check the dependency records or anything that the error states, I wouldn't need real assistance from the community.

So CUCM can show you Dependency Records by opening a record and then, in the "Related Links" menu select Dependency Records and Go.

Enabling Dependency Records requires an Enterprise Parameter change. (Which, unsurprisingly, is called "Enable Dependency Records") Most organizations I've worked with turn this to True and leave it that way.

@Roger Kallberg is a good guy, so please cut him some slack.

Maren

Thanks Maren, that worked...greatly appreciative for the instructions you sent earlier and for your assistance with removing the partitions.  

I wasn't trying to be an azz to Roger, but he responded to this chat twice without any type of solution. I'm very green with the CUCM, we recently had it install, replacing our Avaya phone switch that we had for over 20 years. When people come to the community looking for assistance, not all of us have the know how we're seeking from the PROs and VIPs like yourself. So Merci Beaucoup for taking the time out to assist.

Sorry if I came across as a smart ass, but checking dependency records is a standard practice and usually is one of the very first things a CM administrator learns how to do. Anyway you’ve got the information from @Maren Mahoney on how to do this.

Response Signature

Well Roger, today is the first time I've seen or heard of dependency records...but yes, like you stated, I did get the solution I was seeking from @Maren Mahoney 

Have a great day Sir.