cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8841-3PCC-K9 IP phone starts with enter activation code

petrag
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a brand new CP-8841-3PCC-K9 IP phone from an online dealer here in Germany.

When trying to connect the phone to my router fritzbox 7490 I get a starting picture on the phone asking me to "enter activation code". Just that, not "enter activation code or service domain" which would be the ip of my fritzbox.

Where do I get this activation code? Without it, I don't seem to be able to connect the phone to my router.

13 Replies 13

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

The activation code is used if the phone connects to Webex Callings for example. The Calking platform provides the code and associates the devices with the user that the code was issued to.

In your setup, I'd suggest to go to the phones web portal (you will get the IP in your Fritz!Box), and configure the settings from there. Once the phone is provisioned, the activation code promo will be gone as well

I did get into the phones web portal, but I didn't find where to enter the service domain (ip from fritzbox), user or password (already registered in fritzbox).

Do you have any idea where I can enter the data?

Where do I find the activation code for the 8841

Did you get this issue resolved? I'm having the same issue. 

I got the issue resolved after the phone’s firmware was updated by the dealer

This is a rough description of what I did then (I got help from someone who had successfully installed his phone):

1. Set up Cisco IP Telefon

Open web configuration

Go Admin / advanced

Enter settings under „Voice“

System – Optional Network Configuration – NTP-Server router ip

1. Provisioning

– Prov. Enabling – No

– Firmware enable – no???

Regional – Language – Locale: de-DE (or whatever)

Phone – Station Name Cisco8841 (or whatever)

1. Ext. 1

Line Enable: yes (all others: No)

Call Feature Settings – voice (AB): No

Proxy and Registration – Proxy: router ip

Subscriber Information – enter user ID and password

Thank you for this, 

I entered the changes you mentioned and the phone configured the changes and now its not asking for the activation code. My username is on the screen with an X beside it and the light is yellow beside the line. No dial tone and can not call out yet. Not sure what I might try from here? Thank you, 

Was there something in my response on your own post that was not providing the information you needed?

Response Signature

Users of MMP phones don't have registration codes.

Yes they do, but only if you’re connecting the phone with Webex Calling.

Response Signature

You can't connect to Webex Calling without a contract, but you don't need one if you only want to make simple telephone calls.

Isn’t it kind of obvious that you’ll need to have an account to use Webex Calling services?

My answer was in relation to that you stated that MPP devices cannot use registration code and they can for sure do so, but only if the intent is to use Webex Calling as the call service. With any other call services that registration code has no relevance as you’ll need to configure the device via the webUI.

Apart from this my response that you commented on in this post was directed to @WaterworksWarehouse, not actually a comment directed to you or anything you wrote earlier as seen in the below screenshot.

IMG_4747.jpeg

Response Signature

Hi Roger, 

Thank you for responding. I will try your suggestion this afternoon and try and work through it. To be honest, all of this is way above my level of expertise. I will certainly try though. If I can not still get it to work, would it be beneficial just to sign up with Webex just to be able to get the activation code? Thanks again for your help. 

Only if you intend to use the device with Webex Calling and AFAIK by the shared information by you that’s not what you want to use the device for. The activation code as such isn’t anything that you’ll have use for in any other situation than if you intend to have the device connected with Webex Calling to use that platform for call services.

Response Signature