Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Dashboard Insights - failed to enable the service

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi experts,

I am trying to deploy an NDI in a vND installed on a hyperflex cluster and seems that I fail miserably.

The problem is that I cannot enable the NDI service.

This is the setup:

• vND: 2.2.2d
  • NDI: 6.1.3.94
  • 3x Data Nodes: with recommended resources allocated:

SergiuDaniluk_1-1667214499968.png

I get "Failed to enable the service" error while trying to activate the service. If I click on details, I see "Can not support required scale for this service on current Nexus Dashboard deployment, please check documentation for more details"

SergiuDaniluk_2-1667214608083.png

Of course, this is not very descriptive of what scale the fault refers to. But anyway, if it helps, I configured the "network scale" configuration, with minimum possible entries:

SergiuDaniluk_3-1667214702492.png

Is there something else which I am missing to enable the NDI?

Thanks,

Sergiu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The solution, in case you want to run NDI in a lab, or for a demo, you can simply use 3x App nodes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Funny note - if I try to install the NDI on a single-node vND, I get this "error" message:

SergiuDaniluk_0-1667214919087.png

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The solution, in case you want to run NDI in a lab, or for a demo, you can simply use 3x App nodes.

why would it work with 3x APP node and not with 3xData nodes? I am getting the same error i cant enable and it shows blank. I only have one Data Node in my setup. now i am trying 3xAPP nodes only