cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS "No HTTP response 401 error code" TMS 14.2.2 VCS Version &.7.2.1

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

In a separate post I have something related to this, but I'd like to get an answer by the morning when I wake up so I just made a new post. 

So I synced up my TMS with my VCS and I can now click the provisioning tab and I was advised by a Cisco Expert here to turn off TLS, and certificate and host name verification to get rid of the "HTTPS response error" I was having. I did a full sync on both the TMS and VCS and now I get a "HTTP response 401 error code" message. I unfortunately didn't write down the exact words that it was saying in red because I'm at home now writing this post and like an idiot I didn't write it down. 

However I think this has something to do with user verification? Is that it? 

Patrick, If you respond many thanks for all the help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you follow all the steps in the TMSPE deployment guide?

I'm out of town at Cisco Live, but a quick search of the forums, I found http-exception-after-migrating-tms-tmspe, might be something to look into.  It's also a documented bug, CSCue48378.

How long have you all been using TMSPE, has it ever worked prior to all the recent issues you've been having?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you follow all the steps in the TMSPE deployment guide?

I'm out of town at Cisco Live, but a quick search of the forums, I found http-exception-after-migrating-tms-tmspe, might be something to look into.  It's also a documented bug, CSCue48378.

How long have you all been using TMSPE, has it ever worked prior to all the recent issues you've been having?

Problem Solved. I can now provision my accounts to my VCS and I started deploying new Cisco Units today. So under where you put your username and password under provisioning my systems admin told me I'm supposed to put a sys before my username and that was what was wrong!!! Thank you Patrick for all the support!

So basically I input the wrong username when I tried syncing the two together. Now if i could just deploy two more of these servers, update my content servers and get my Scopia Gateway working correctly I'm rocking and rolling!!

Glad you got it figured out, I thought of possibly a wrong username/password, but assumed you had that setup correct. If the account that is used to sync TMS and VCS is a domain account, you should enter domain\username.

Thanks!!!