Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Firmware SX20 (TC to CE)

linlinoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I am using SX20 in operation and would like to upgrade TC to CE firmware. What happen our existing configurations after upgrad

3 Replies 3

mathmich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi! Following the supported method of upgrade from TC to CE 8.x on an SX20 based on CE8 Release Notes should ensure your existing relevant configuration on TC is retained after upgrade to CE8.x. You will need to step upgrade to CE 8.x prior to upgrading to CE 9.x.

CE8 Release Notes - Upgrading from TC to Collaboration Endpoint Software

Capture.JPG

Sunny Khandale
Spotlight
Spotlight

I was trying to upgrade an SX80 received from a Cisco RMA which had TC7.3.4. I upgraded to TC7.3.21 which is the latest one available as of today.
Should I upgrade to any CE 8.X.X version before going directly to CE9.15.X?
I tested it now and I can upgrade directly to ce 9.15.16.5 5d66bd5601f 2022-12-20. Thanks.

As you discovered, it isn't necessary to upgrade from TC7 to CE8 before going to CE9.  You can go directly from TC7 to the latest (as at the date of this post) CE9.15.16.5 version.

Note for other people's reference: if you are running very old pre-TC6 software, you may need to apply a release key depending on what version you are upgrading from.

Please also keep in mind that the SX series is past its end of software maintenance date (28 October 2021), so is no longer being actively developed, and may only have critical security fixes released until they hit their end of support milestone on 31 October 2024.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.