cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Migration Failing

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm trying to migrate from a 10.5 Publisher to 14 SU2 using a PCD running 14.0.1.12900-89.  I was able to discover the old cluster, create the migration cluster and the migration task.  When I go to run the migration, it runs for a while and then errors out with the following 2 messages:

1 nodes(s) in Export task action ID #291 failed: NYCUCM01
Export jobe for node NYCUCM01 failed
Failed to create platformConfig.xml file for node 290_172.16.25.20.flp.Please check the afg library logs from PCD
Since DNS is not enabled, the host related fields can only contain IP addresses

If I log into the source Publisher and go into System --> Server, you see the ip listed.  If you go into System --> Cisco Unified CM you see CM_NYCUCM01.  I pulled the logs from the PCD from the cli but not seeing what the issue is in particular so I can resolve it.

3 Replies 3

Can you share the logs..

Response Signature

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I think I was able to figure this out after looking in the afg logs. Had a hostname defined for smtp on old system but no dns servers; switched it to IP and the migration task completed normally.  

i have the same scenario now 10.5 with no dns/domain defined.  currenlty when i setup the migration cluster on PCD with new network settings, it is not allowing me to put in DNS/domain entry for the cluster. it is grayed out.  could it be because the old cluster has no dns?