Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM migration with dataexport from 10.5 to 15

mikael.andre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to succeed with dataexport method to migrate old CUCM cluster running on 10.5 to new one on version 15SU0.

I successfully installed cop files on old cluster, and export process was successfully done on publisher and subscriber.

After dataexport, I launched CUCM publisher, I followed wizard, I kept the same hostname/IP informations and used the same SFTP. Connectivity between CUCM and SFTP was successfully established. I entered SFTP informations (IP address, folder, username and password), after that, I stucked on a blue screen and nothing happened.

Have you ever seen this before ? Thank you.

4 Replies 4

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

The blue screen with nothing on it is common in upgrades/migrations but typically goes away and there is typically something going on in the background.  If there was an error, it would typically stop all together and there would be an error message or it would say the upgrade/install failed.  I have seen errors because the NTP server was not set, or DNS or because i had a user with the name "null".  You should open a TAC case.

Hi @jrsteele21 ,

Thank you for your reply. I guess there is something else because the blue screen lasts more than one day. I cannot open TAC case because it's a lab. Any idea about what it's going something wrong ? I already check NTP, DNS, etc... I'll make more tests today.

I have seen blue screens with no data on installation with IMP where the NTP was not correct. I don't know if that is the issue, but it's worth checking out.

First, CUCM Pub on installation should be strat 3 or better. So whatever NTP source you are working with needs to be strat 2 or higher.

Second, use a router or other source for NTP and not a Windows box. Windows may or may not respond to NTP requests with a version of NTP required by CUCM. It's v2/v3 or v3/4...I don't remember off the top of my head. But the bottom line is that Windows will accept high-version NTP requests but respond with lower-version which CUCM does not accept. So use a router as a source.

Also be double-sure that all of your DNS forward-lookup and reverse-lookup records for everything reference in the install are good. Especially the reverse-lookup records. CUCM is getting fussier about that as time goes on.

Give these a try and try your install again. If there is still an issue, let us know and we can investigate further.

Maren

Hi @Maren Mahoney ,

Thank you for your reply.

I double checked NTP servers and carefully selected thoses who ntp stratum was 2. It didn't solve my problem.

I also tried with and without DNS configuration. Same problem.

I powered off my VM this morning because the blue screen was still here.

Before, I successfully migrated CUCM application from version 10.5 to 14SU3.