Views
Helpful
Replies

Site B Servers are not visible during Stretched Cluster Installation

mumbai.support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

during Stretched Cluster Installation SIte A HX servers are visible but Site B Servers are not visible in HX installer.

UCSM & hypervisor configuration has done successfully for both the site.

Server model is HX 240c All flash M6 ,UCSM & server firmware: 4.2 (1i) , Hx installer version is 5.0(1c), HXDP version 5.0(1c),

Server Count 5+5 at site A & B.

please find the screenshot

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @mumbai.support ,

Before I start - a hint:

When it comes time to assign IPs, make sure you sort this list in order of Sever Name (click on the heading), otherwise Server4 will get the first IP address etc

RedNectar_0-1662354651147.png

Now to your problem:

When you do a Stretch Cluster, there are three parts

1. You configure site A UCS Manager - using the IP address of the Site A UCS Manager where (in your case) you configured 5 servers. (Hopefully in IP address order for your later sanity)
  2. You configure site B UCS Manager - using the IP address of the Site B UCS Manager where (in your case) you get an error when selecting 5 servers.
  3. You install the HyperFlex stuff

So at this stage you are still working with the UCS side of things, so can you verify that all five servers were discovered successfully at site A? - i.e. from the UCS Manger of Site A, do you see 5 servers showing under the Equipment tab?

If not, I'd be tempted to start over - make sure you get all 5 servers next time.

If you DO see 5 servers in UCS Manager,  check the Servers tab - was there an Organization created and service profiles allocated to ALL five servers?

If so - I'm out of ideas.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

mumbai.support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

i have checked all servers for site A & B are discovered & server profile are allocated in UCSM. also ip has assigned in orderly. 

1st & 2nd part are done successfully in HX installer. i`m stuck in 3rd stage, as Site B server are not visible during server selection.

Hi @mumbai.support ,

I hacked together a stretch cluster install on dCloud this morning to see if I could understand your problem better, and I was able to re-create your problem by changing the Org Name of the second cluster.

RedNectar_0-1662412993227.png

So I suggest you double check to see that the Org Name that you have entered on this page matches what you see in UCS Manager for the second site

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card