cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OS X 10.6.8 and AnyConnect 2.5.3051

lynne.meeks
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded the OS X AnyConnect image on our ASA to 2.5.3051. For most people, including many others using OS X 10.6.8, this is working fine.

However, we have one OS X 10.6.8 client who consistantly sees this error:

Network Access: Unavailable - No Networks Detected

I've only seen that error when I truly did not have network connectivity;  but this individual does actually have Internet connectivity, can browse the web, get email etc. The only thing he cannot do is connect to our ASA using the AnyConnect client.

I suspect downgrading the client image to the older version will fix his issue but we truly don't want to do that.

Anybody else seen this?  Any suggestions?

thanks,

Lynne

6 Replies 6

fdecelles
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same issue.  Disabling the "Back to my Mac" feature of MobileMe resolved the issue.

See bug details below.

Fabien

CSCtr43275 Bug Details

AnyConnect VPN fails on Mac with MobileMe Back to my Mac enabled

Symptom:

VPN connectivity failure on Mac when MobileMe "Back to my Mac" is enabled.

Conditions:

Problem occurs for MobileMe users with "Back to my Mac" enabled. Both MobileMe "Back to my Mac" and Cisco AnyConnect insist on using a virtual adapter with the same name "utun0". Neither application is capable of creating a secondary interface for example "utun1". Since MobileMe initiates when the computer boots, it always grabs the utun0 interface first, causing Cisco AnyConnect to fail.

Workaround:

In order to use AnyConnect for the purposes of the pilot, you must turn off Back to my Mac before you connect to the VPN. Once VPN is disconnected, you may re-enable Back to my Mac.

The new "Find my Mac" service on iCloud also uses the same virtual adapter as the "Back to my Mac" so you have to turn both off to use anyconnect.  Using OS X 10.7.2 and AnyConnect 2.5.3054

fdecelles
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same issue.  Disabling the "Back to my Mac" feature of MobileMe resolved the issue.

See bug details below.

Fabien

CSCtr43275 Bug Details

AnyConnect VPN fails on Mac with MobileMe Back to my Mac enabled

Symptom:

VPN connectivity failure on Mac when MobileMe "Back to my Mac" is enabled.

Conditions:

Problem  occurs for MobileMe users with "Back to my Mac" enabled. Both MobileMe  "Back to my Mac" and Cisco AnyConnect insist on using a virtual adapter  with the same name "utun0". Neither application is capable of creating a  secondary interface for example "utun1". Since MobileMe initiates when  the computer boots, it always grabs the utun0 interface first, causing  Cisco AnyConnect to fail.

Workaround:

In  order to use AnyConnect for the purposes of the pilot, you must turn  off Back to my Mac before you connect to the VPN. Once VPN is  disconnected, you may re-enable Back to my Mac.

TJ Bamrah
Level 4
Level 4

Andrey Brindeyev's issues have been resolved. Please ignore his comment.

I'm having the same problem with a 10.6.8 user... Back to My Mac is disabled. There is a persistent utun0 interface that shows in the "ifconfig -a" output that I can't seem to kill. In some cases I've seen vpnagentd attempt to continue to connect with no user interaction. Unistalled the software, manually deleted the

/opt/cisco directory and

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.cisco.anyconnect.gui.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist

Dispite all the manual effort to get back to a clean state, when Anyconnect re-installs

the VPN server and username is remembered (WHERE????)

User is able to sucessfully log on from another Mac.

Hello Lynee,  hope you must be doing fine!  have you got the response or you still looking for further response.   Please mark this as answered  and also rate the discussion incase your query is resolved.  Appreciate your time.  Regards,  Ankur   Community Manager: Security and VPN