cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi adapter stops working after installing Anyconnect

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

I installed the full Anyconnect installation on my new Zbook running Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. I had already tested the WiFi connection and worked great as expected. I normally use the wired connection so after I installed Anyconnect it didn't occur to me to re-test the WiFi. Last week I traveled to a customer site and tried to get on the hotel WiFi SSID but it just kept saying "Can't connect to this network". I also had with me two tablets and an iPhone which all worked fine on the hotel WiFi. I also tried using the iPhone as a hotspot but same results. I tried several suggestions found on the internet which none of them worked. So I thought about what might have changed on the laptop recently and of course there was the Anyconnect install. So I decided to uninstall Anyconnect and suddenly the WiFi was connecting to SSIDs again.

I've tried looking on Windows sites and of course here in the communities but found nothing closely related. Has anyone ever heard of this?

1 Reply 1

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

Bumping for visibility and to add the Anyconnect version I installed was 4.10.01075.