cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex VDI, are there 2 different installers?

Swindmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Getting ready to deploy Webex in our Azure Virtual Desktop environment. I have read over all the instructions but can't verify if there is a separate installer specific for the VDI host (Azure Virtual Desktop host) or if its still the regular WebEx installer.

I know (or think) our Webex admin will have to enable VDI and we will need the plugin installed on each "client" machine that is connecting to the VDI environment but I can't verify if I need a "special" installer for the host or ifs just the normal Cisco Webex installer. I know Zoom has a specific Zoom VDI installer just just wanted to see how Webex handles that.

1 Accepted Solution

So I have it working now.

It was a rekey but not exactly the one posted above. I had to flip HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Spark Native: EnableVDI=1 and all worked great.

Thanks for all the help and how to test if it was working or not.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

BTega
Level 1
Level 1

You can just use the common VDI installer for your thin clients.

Hello ,
You can find the special VDI Installer for the Host System under https://www.webex.com/downloads/teams-vdi.html
There are also the links for the VDI Plugins
Sebastian

Thank you, the 2 installs looked exactly the same once installed so I wasn't sure. I installed the version you linked and have the plugin installed on my laptop but I am still showing "Remote Audio" in the Audio settings like I was before. Should I be seeing Remote Audio or be able to select the individual Audio devices if "VDI" is working properly?
I am trying to find out if VDI is enabled from our Webex admins but also wanted to know what to except or how to verify the plugin was functioning/connecting to the host.

Hopefully all this information has been helpful

It has been very helpful but do you know how I can verify that it is all working? Like I said above, I am still showing "Remote Audio".....should that be the case? Is there a way to show that the plugin is connecting to the host and working properly?

Thanks,

Scott

For the Webex App, you can click your picture in the top left-> help->health Checker and there should be a section for VDI.

In a Webex Meeting, you should see 'Webex - VDI' in the title of the meeting.

I have VDI enabled from Control Hub, but you may need to add this registry key on your deskops to have the Webex meeting go into VDI mode: 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\CiscoVDI\isVDIEnv=true'

So I have it working now.

It was a rekey but not exactly the one posted above. I had to flip HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Spark Native: EnableVDI=1 and all worked great.

Thanks for all the help and how to test if it was working or not.

Thank you so much, I will give those a shot!

Very welcome, please let me know if I can help with anything! Good Luck

Are you using any local audio outputs? The thin client should have an interface for you to set the audio output.

What thin are you using? Is it a thin or a zero client?

I am using Windows 10 clients running the Remote Desktop app. No thin clients yet.