Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9130 AP U-Boot mode

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Hi chaps,

I'm trying to recover a C9130 which failed to upgrade the code and now is in a loop boot, but it seems to me that the recovery process from U-Boot couldn't be the same as C9120 from this guide as C9130 is unable to ping gateway, any ideas?

Regards

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If the tftp server is on the same subnet then you don't need the gateway , else configure it anyway and see what happens when the tftp server is needed in the subsequent commands.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce, that is the problem, the TFTP server is remote, so I need the GW.

BUT the main problem is that the AP is not pinging the gateway which is in the same switch it is connected. Proper VLAN set, proper netmask, AP is powering on so port is good... I wonder if this is something to be with C9130 been mGig and switch port been mGig as well.

- Check if the switchport is in connected mode for the ap-connection ,make sure that error counters on the port  are idle , also verify that you can ping the particular  gateway from another host in the same subnet as the access point.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

The weird thing is that the switchport keeps showing disconnected, even when AP is in U-Boot mode.

I have tested the AP on a 1Gbps switch and it doesn't make any difference.

Openning TAC to investigate if this is a faulty unit.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IF the AP is in u-boot, post the complete output to the command "pri"

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Swapping partition does not make any change, and both images keep crashing at some time during boot up.

TAC case open to check if it needs a RMA.

Here it goes the output from both printenv and printshenv:

(BTLDR) # printenv
BOOT=part1
FACTORY_RESET=2
bootcmd=bootipq
bootdelay=3
ethact=eth0
ethaddr=00:00:00:00:00:xx
fdtcontroladdr=4a989ec0
gatewayip=10.13.50.1
ipaddr=10.13.50.24
machid=8010001
netmask=255.255.255.0
serverip=10.8.8.2
soc_version_major=2
soc_version_minor=0
stderr=serial@78B3000
stdin=serial@78B3000
stdout=serial@78B3000
Environment size: 354/65532 bytes

(BTLDR) # printshenv
BAUDRATE=9600
BOOT=part1
ENABLE_BREAK=1
FACTORY_RESET=0
INIT_CAPWAP_DEBUG=0
KDUMP=0
LED_BRIGHTNESS=8
MANUAL_BOOT=0
MEMORY_DEBUG=0
Shared environment size: 149/16384 bytes, write counter: 43, active 1:0

Did TAC end up RMA'ing this AP?  We have the same issue.  Part 1 and Part 2 both do not boot up properly and it keeps rebooting.  We were going to try and do recovery from uboot to our tftp server, but the port won't come up for a network connection.  Did TAC fix yours if so how?  

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

At the end TAC RMA'ed the part as it was faulty.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card