Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express Upgrade Failure

mgollob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am in the process of updating a Mobility Express WLC from Cisco. I have deployed the TFTP server and the correct images and the pre-download worked on all access points except one. In the following picture you can see what output I get.

mgollob_1-1713534510769.png

I looked in the log of the access point and I get the following message:

Apr 19 14:05:47 kernel: [*04/19/2024 12:05:47.1475] Not enough memory (165 required, 134 current) to create/copy image, will flush caches and try again
Apr 19 14:05:47 kernel: [*04/19/2024 12:05:47.1838] Not enough memory (165 required, 134 current) to create/copy image

I think this could be related to that. How can I fix this so that not so much memory is required? This AP is the Cisco Master AP.
How can I fix this so that not so much memory is required on the device?
Or can I simply restart the WLC and the AP will automatically fetch the new version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mgollob
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved.

You need do disable SSIDs and the following option. Then the AP has enough memory.

mgollob_0-1713553414777.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we are not sure what AP model and what code you have and what code you upgrading to.

read the release notes always and suggest to do from command level so you can get more information.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I want to upgrade from version 8.10.151.0 to version 8.10.190.0. I have not found anything about this in the release notes.
It is the following AP model: AIR-AP2802I-E-K9

There are also several of this model and here the pre-download worked normally. This is the master AP, so the Mobility Express is also running here.

Unfortunately I don't know how to upgrade it via the CLI, I haven't found anything in the release notes. But I don't think that's the problem.

I think the main problem is that the AP does not have enough memory because the Mobility Express is also running on it. How can I free up more memory here?

I shouldn't restart if I don't get the last point displayed here, should I?

mgollob_0-1713544804583.png

BR

Thank you very much.

The problem is not with the WLC itself. When upgrading, I get the same result with the access point where the Mobility Express is running above, namely that there is not enough memory available.

mgollob
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved.

You need do disable SSIDs and the following option. Then the AP has enough memory.

mgollob_0-1713553414777.png

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card