Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding Licensing Status in WLC

tanuraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could anyone help me to understand below highlighted  messages in WLC? We have to register the smart license before July,2024 again?

tanuraj_0-1714466487294.png

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation: 

1.  On 25 July 2023, the WLC was able to successfully register with the CSL "mother ship".  

2.  On 13 August 2023, the WLC lost contact with the "mother ship". 

3.  The next attempt to contact the CSL "mother ship" will be on 30 April 2024. 

Will there be any service impact or ap will be disconnected with WLC after 30 April,2024?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may try removing the WLC from smart licensing portal and registering it again (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Will there be any service impact or AP will be disconnected if we do this?

Could you please explain the below message?

King_1988_0-1714469470127.png

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You might want to take a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/724/fn72415.html and upgrade to latest software (refer TAC recommended link below) or apply manual workaround as per the field notice.

I don't know what the license enforcement status is - you would need to at least provide exact WLC model and software version for us to check that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card