cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 - Web GUI not in sync with FT peer

malmgren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a pair of 4710 in FT configuration running Version A3(2.4).    They appear to be in sync, as shown from the command:

PRODACE02/Admin# show ft peer summ

Peer Id                      : 1
State                        : FSM_PEER_STATE_COMPATIBLE
Maintenance mode             : MAINT_MODE_OFF
FT Vlan                      : 100
FT Vlan IF State             : UP
My IP Addr                   : 192.168.1.6
Peer IP Addr                 : 192.168.1.5
Query Vlan                   : Not Configured
Query Vlan IF State          : DOWN
Peer Query IP Addr           : 0.0.0.0
Heartbeat Interval           : 300
Heartbeat Count              : 10
SRG Compatibility            : COMPATIBLE
License Compatibility        : COMPATIBLE
FT Groups                    : 3
PRODACE02/Admin#

I see the same thing on the other peer, albeit a different IP address.

My problem is that the Active web GUI on ACE01 is not in sync with the other web GUI on  ACE02.  However the CLI on both ACEs are in sync.

I noticed this because I configured one VIP on one GUI a few weeks back on ACE01 and just noticed that it's not showing up on ACE02.   But there are several other VIPs and rServers that were configured in the past that are synced between both ACEs.

i.e.  On ACE01 in the Production context, I have two VIPs (with SF and rServers) configured.   On ACE02 in the Production context, it can't see these two new VIPs, SF, or rServers that were created.    Also some of the service states are not in sync.  ACE01 says that some rServers are active, and on the other ACE02, it says they are "Out of Service"

Here's the context breakdown:

PRODACE02/Admin# sho ft group bri

FT Group ID: 1  My State:FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT       Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE
                Context Name: Admin     Context Id: 0

FT Group ID: 2  My State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE    Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT
                Context Name: cas    Context Id: 2

FT Group ID: 3  My State:FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT       Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE
                Context Name: Production        Context Id: 1

--

PRODACE01/Admin# sho ft group br

FT Group ID: 1  My State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE    Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT
                Context Name: Admin     Context Id: 0

FT Group ID: 2  My State:FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT       Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE
                Context Name: cas   Context Id: 2

FT Group ID: 3  My State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE    Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT
                Context Name: Production        Context Id: 1
PRODACE01/Admin#

2 Replies 2

malmgren
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a case with TAC and was told that I need to sync the standby DM with the CLI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/configuration/device_manager/guide/UGconfg.html#wpxref87495

I did not notice the button before.  Suggestion:  move it to the top and make it more prominent.

Problem resolved.   Thanks Andrea from Brussels!

Hi Matt,

thanks for sharing this. To add more details as to why we need to sync the DM running on the standby ACE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/configuration/device_manager/guide/UGha.html#wp1059949

---- snip ----
When an ACE appliance is in a standby state, if you make configuration 
changes on the active ACE appliance this change is also synchronized
with the standby ACE appliance. However, when you access the Device
Manager GUI you will not observe the configuration changes on the
standby ACE. ... As a result, it is important for you to manually synchronize the ACE Appliance Device Manager on the standby appliance to observe the entire configuration. ---- snip ----
Cheers,
Andrea