cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating to a VXLAN/EVPN fabric - BGP ASN question

Delmiro Campelo
Level 1
Level 1

We're migrating two traditional datacenter networks to greenfield VXLAN/EVPN fabrics. The migration will take 6 to 12 months so we're trying design the network so that both the brownfield and greenfield networks are interconnected and coexisting for this period of time while we work through the migration. The brownfield (traditional network) datacenter A has BGP ASN 65000 same as Datacenter B, they both use ASN 65000. The new EVPN/VLAN fabrics have BGP ASN 65010 in Datacenter A and BGP ASN 65020 in Datacenter B. We're at the beginning stages of the design. Is having the same ASN in the brownfield environment for both DC A and B be an issue ? if so, what issues? and what are some ways to solve them? Please see the drawing below for a representation of the network. 

Thank you for any feedback or input that you can provide on this. 

VXLAN EVPN Fabric.png

1 Reply 1

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Delmiro Campelo 

No, and as you don't have stretched VLANs/Subnets between legacy DC A and B it's fine. But i would suggest to get the prefix-lists in order facing that legacy environment.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/