Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

SNMPv3 on NX-OS

anderson327
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

In this opportunity i need help with the configuration of SNMPv3 in 9.3.1 version.

I have set the basic parameters:

snmp-server host ....
  snmp-server user ....
  I will skip the other parameters necessary for its operation .....

Now my problem is that although these parameters are configured and also snmp-server host x.x.x.x use-vrf, the snmp traffic is not arriving at the gateway of the switch within the vrf default. I understand that by default the device uses this vrf to send any traffic that is not explicitly routed through the vrf management.

The switch gateway is a firewall and does not register rejected and much less allowed snmp packets.

Please can you tell me about your experience with this service with NX-OS.

Regards!

Anderson
1 RESPUESTA 1

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hola Anderson buenos días,

¿Especificaste el source-interface del SNMP? el mismo ¿esta en la vrf default o en otra vrf? si no lo especificaste ¿puedes hacerle ping al server desde la vrf default sin problemas? ¿tienes una ruta en la tabla de ruteo que sepa como llegar a la red donde se aloja tu servidor SNMP? porque si el equipo en su tabla de routing en la vrf default no sabe llegar al server entonces debes especificarle la ruta o si no verifica que tengas todo el camino (todos los equipos intermedios) con las rutas para llegar a esa red y el retorno también debes chequearlo.

***Por favor no olvides calificar y/o marcar como solución las respuestas útiles, tu calificación promueve nuestra participación.***

Saludos,