Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Local Gateway Registration Issue

Hi

We are trying to register a local gateway with Webex and not able to get through.

- Webex hub has been configured as per the help.webex.com document. It generated the credentials like domain, registrar, username passwords, ect.

- Credentials provided in previous step are used to prepare the local gateway for registration.

- Webex calling compatibility has been checked (We are using ISR4321 with IOS-XE 17.x.x)

- ISR has been configured and verified as indicated for the local gateway documentation. Sanitized config attached.

- ISR never initiates the registration or invite message. The debugs go empty and show "sip-ua register" is always "no".

Please assist.

saif

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Which version do you have?

Jan 10 08:02:45.407: //1386/000000000000/SIP/Error/resolve_sig_ip_address_to_bind: 
 Dialpeer bind configured, interface addr failure
Jan 10 08:02:45.407: //1386/000000000000/SIP/Error/act_register_dns_resolved: 
 resolve_sig_ip_address_to_bind failed

Check out the tenant 200 config:

voice class tenant 200
 bind control source-interface g0/0/0
 bind media source-interface g0/0/0

You see what I see?
The interface was not autocompleted when you configured it.
I saw this issue in the 16.09.04 version.

Your solution: post the full interface name which you see in the "show ip int brief" command.
E.g. "bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0".

Also check other config parts where you have interfaces assigned.

This is one error, which doesn't mean it's the only error.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hi Saif,

Activating a debug ccsip non-call , can you see some requests to webex going through?

Can you please post it here?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

We have tried several debugs including ccsip non-call but no relevant output received. Debug file attached.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Which version do you have?

Jan 10 08:02:45.407: //1386/000000000000/SIP/Error/resolve_sig_ip_address_to_bind: 
 Dialpeer bind configured, interface addr failure

Check out the tenant 200 config:

voice class tenant 200

You see what I see?
The interface was not autocompleted when you configured it.
I saw this issue in the 16.09.04 version.

Your solution: post the full interface name which you see in the "show ip int brief" command.
E.g. "bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0".

Also check other config parts where you have interfaces assigned.

This is one error, which doesn't mean it's the only error.

Bingo!!!!

Your hawk-eye caught it precisely. I cant think of it that a command has been accepted and yet not auto completed in configuration.

Yes, we started the configuration with 16.9 IOS-XE and then upgraded to 17.X.X but neither of the IOS complained about this issue.

Thanks b.winter.

Saif

Glad to help (y).
I would recommend to upgrade your version. The 17.X.X is very buggy in general. Use one of the newest versions.

noe.manuel
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too.

im trying to fix it since 4 weeks now, without success.

how did you fixed it.

Can you share the experience or maybe to help me to fix it?

br

The answer by @b.winter that is marked as the Solution contains what was at fault for the OP.

Response Signature

I can not find he’s answer

Can you send me the link to he’s post ?

Thank you,

Br

The issue was these commands:

voice class tenant 200

It must be entered as :
voice class tenant 200
 bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0

To my surprise, it accepts the commands in abbrevations (without generating any error) but does not execute it.

This my voice class tenant 200.
Could you check for me if it is correct?

voice class tenant 200
registrar dns:eun10.bcld.webex.com scheme sips expires 240 refresh-ratio 50 tcp tls
credentials number Lescorp.trunk7511_LGU username Lescorp.trunk8502_LGU password 6 S]OVXhGRi^]`MQ_fiaPY\_bKfSWZZcGgIS_A realm BroadWorks
authentication username Lescorp.trunk8502_LGU password 6 OREDGPTaIC[IX_cgMacIY]M[UHQ[SREXNXfM realm eun10.bcld.webex.com authentication username Lescorp.trunk8502_LGU password 6 LNRgCKZK]JGJUg_ULgFZY\LOPcEEKNHbeW]O realm BroadWorks no remote-party-id sip-server dns:eun10.bcld.webex.com connection-reuse srtp-crypto 200 session transport tcp tls url sips error-passthru asserted-id pai bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 no pass-thru content custom-sdp sip-profiles 200 outbound-proxy dns:fr02.sipconnect-eun.bcld.webex.com privacy-policy passthru !

Not sure how you went about to paste your configuration in, but it’s quite hard to read it without any charage returns.

Edit: It was likely partially the rendering on a mobile device that made it look like there was no line feeds.

Even so if you’re using gigabit 0/0/0 as your interface that is facing Webex then you have the needed configuration lines that match the issue of the OP. If that’s not what is causing your issue I suggest that you create a new post as this one is marked as solved and as well then your issue would be off topic to the OP.

Response Signature

What do you mean that you can't find it, it's in this thread and is marked as the Solution? Just scroll up and you'll find it.

image.png

Response Signature

jc_adrian30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saifuddin.miyaji.

Base on your debug outputs , what I can see is an error message regarding dns resolucion problemens:

Please check if for example you have apply on localgateway the ip domain name 8.8.8.8 command correctly. Check that you are pointing to the correct resolution name server on the router and check that your LAN is not blocking comunication on port tcp/udp 53 between localgateway and the resolution name server.

I almost forget that you need to add on localgateway the command "ip domain lookup" and if for any reason you have in localgateway the command "no ip domain look up" please remove it as your router will never attemp to do any name resolution.