Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR on MPLS link

Hi ,

We have 2 MPLS Link with 100 Mbps of 2 service provider .

PBR Is configured on primary router .

PBR CONF

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.130

encapsulation dot1Q 130

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.240

ip policy route-map SANTTML

route-map SANTTML permit 10

match ip address SANTTML

set ip next-hop 10.136.22.6

ip access-list extended SANTTML

permit ip host 10.136.100.8 host 10.132.22.8

permit ip host 10.136.100.10 host 10.132.22.8

When we sending data from our server 10.136.100.10 to 10.132.22.8 traffic is out from second router,

but at receive only primary router.

Is there any MPLS routing issue

Please help .

Sanjay Nalawade.

2 Replies 2

yashfaqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry, i miss understood the issue at first sight, Yes for reverse traffic you will have to manipulate your routes for preffered path.

Is it a L2 VPN or L3 VPN, what protocol are you runing with your remote site/ISP.

Vaibhava Varma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sanjay

My viewpoint on your traffic flow requirements.

First let me put forward my understanding of your network setup.

You have taken MPLS VPN Services from 2 Different Service Providers and you want to achieve source-based routing between a pair of Source & Destination utilizing a particular ISP Uplink. Is that Correct.

If thats so, the PBR will only help to control the Forward Traffic and decide to choose which ISP Uplink to use depenind upon the Source.

For controlling the reverse traffic for the same pair of source-destination over that particular ISP you need to manipulate the route advertisement for that particular source making the Particular ISP as preferred and keeping the other ISP as backup for that particular source network.

Say for example if you are using BGP then doing an AS-Path Prepend for the Source Network you are doing PBR on the backup ISP will help achive you desired results for using a particlar ISP preferred for both Uplink and Downlink with respect to a particular destination.

Hope it Helps

Thanks & Regards

Vaibhava Varma