cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to uninstall hotpatch to fix CSCwa47133 (log4j) when upgrading?

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

I am on ISE 2.7 patch 7.  Looks like patch 8 and 9 are available.  Release note for patch 8 says Before installing Patch 8 on Cisco ISE 2.7 Patch 7, uninstall the hotpatch to fix CSCwa47133 from Patch 7.  However, patch 9 doesn’t have this note.  Does that mean I can go straight to patch 9 from 7 without uninstalling the LOG4J hotpatch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Y. Yordanov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will have to remove it.

And to remove hot patch you should have another hot patch that works for the removal of these you need to install it , the following example is for illustrate you : * Install hotpatch : application install HOTPATCH_install_file * Remove hotpatch : application install HOTPATCH_remove_file .

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I just happened to come across this exact scenario.  2.7 Patch 7 to Patch 9.  The deployment did have some scale related alarm messages post patch install but was otherwise unaffected.  I would ask TAC though just to make sure.

Y. Yordanov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will have to remove it.

And to remove hot patch you should have another hot patch that works for the removal of these you need to install it , the following example is for illustrate you : * Install hotpatch : application install HOTPATCH_install_file * Remove hotpatch : application install HOTPATCH_remove_file .