Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor site to site VPNS

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have several site to site VPN's that come from different company's and are allowed access to some subnets on my company's DMZ.  They are working ok and I can view the status of them in Cisco ASDM under:

Monitoring

VPN statistics

Is their any way I can put this on my snmpc server which polls routers/switches on the network or is their a better way of monitoring these and get alerts etc

regards,

Kevin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The count of them can be polled with SNMP.

I don't have the PRTG server in front of me right now to call up the OIDs but I've seen this done using that tool. The same thing could be done using any SNMP poller.

View solution in original post

Preston Kilburn
Level 1
Level 1

How about an alert that polls you when an IP address on the other side of the tunnel goes down? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The count of them can be polled with SNMP.

I don't have the PRTG server in front of me right now to call up the OIDs but I've seen this done using that tool. The same thing could be done using any SNMP poller.

I will try this as I have found the OIDs on the snmpc server.  Thanks, Kevin

Preston Kilburn
Level 1
Level 1

How about an alert that polls you when an IP address on the other side of the tunnel goes down? 

Yes - this works ok if I have access to both sides of the tunnel.  But in some of my VPN's they are coming from a supplier and I don't have access to that information - but still in theory this does work ok.

Thanks

Kevin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card