Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4000 IP Base license question

Delmiro Campelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello support community.

Can someone confirm for if the new ISR 4000 series router with IP Base license is capable of running BGP? The link that i'm using as a reference doesn't specify this clear enough. Where can I find information about all the features supported with the default IP Base license on these routers?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-732542.html

Thanks,
Delmiro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just for your interest, I just ran it again and asked for a comparison between the extra BGP features in the AppX licence, and there is only a small number of extras in the AppX licence.

I've attached the extra features as a screen shot.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you say which ISR 4000 you are looking at.  They have different base options.

You can use this tool to check what features are in each platform and feature set.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/SearchBySoftware.jsp

On the whole, as soon as people want BGP I get the -AX bundles, as that turns on every BGP feature the platform has pretty much.   Nothing worse than getting through most of a job and then find you are missing the last thing you need.

We are looking at ISR 4331 or 4431. The price between the base and AX model is significant. We're trying to order just what we need, and not pay for all the extras that we won't ever use. Thanks for the link provided. I haven't found a document with information on the IP Base license yet.

I used the tool I posted above, and select the IP Base feature set, version 3.16 software, and the filtered on everything with BGP in the name.  I then exported this to an Excel spreadsheet for you, and attached it to this post.

There is not a document which says everything that is in IP Base.  That is what this tool is for.

Just for your interest, I just ran it again and asked for a comparison between the extra BGP features in the AppX licence, and there is only a small number of extras in the AppX licence.

I've attached the extra features as a screen shot.

Hello Delmiro, I know this post is old, however I wanted to find out what 4300 model you ended up getting and with what license. Also are you running the full routing table or just a default route?

This link saved me today. Thanks Philip

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card