cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Up Nexus 5548UP w/ Netapp San

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I got a new challenge thrown my way this morning and am trying to figure out the best way to get some things accomplished.  Someone previously setup the 5548 but it doesn't seem to be working as expected.  The 5548 is directly connected to a Netapp san on ports 25-32 and I can confirm that the 5548 sees the SAN if I issue a "sh flogi database" but on the NetApp the fc ports just show as "enabling".  FCoE is enabled as a feature and from what I can see things look correct, but I've never set up a Nexus before.  I've done a lot of SAN zoning and switching on other equipment but this is new.  I have 16 ports go to a fabric extender on the back of a blade center and those ports are "up" if I issue commands to see them individually.  The Netapp also have 4 ethernet ports connected to the 5548 and those ports are up as well.  If any of those ethernet cables are disconnected the number of hosts in the "sh flogi database" decreases (not sure if that is correct but wanted to note it).  I'm trying to read up as much as I can about setting this up to learn it but also trying to make some headway by the end of the day if possible.

2 Replies 2

Andrea Baldan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

what is exactly the issue and the help you need here? Is it the NetApp fc ports showing up as "enabling"? And are the ports 25-32 configured as FCoE or FC?

Regards,

Andrea Baldan

My fc is connected to ports 25-32 and is coming up and I have it zoned so my servers connected to ports 1-16 are able to see their storage. The netapp is also connected to ports 17-20 using its 10 gb links that are supposed to be FCoE capable. My issue is getting those ports "up" and seeing fcoe traffic over them. I think the switch config for the ports is correct and it mau be an issue on the SAN side, but looking to confirm. I can post what I have for those ports later if needed.