Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x eap retransmition WS-C2960-48TC-L

Bartosz Sobczyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I've little problem implementation dotx1 on my WS-C2960-48TC-L 15.0.2SE9 version

I'm usinig dot1x EAP-TLS implemetation, and mab for unssopported client

The problem are: even as port is authenticated switch sends every 120 seconds eap request-identity frame, it's involve that client Windows7/8 reauthenticates every 120 second.

Newer version soft is unaviable now.

I also tested for another switches WS-C2960+48TC-L and newer 15.2.2e4 version work's fine. No periodic eap frames. 

1 Reply 1

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Maybe this information can help you: 

The switch re-authenticates a client when one of these situations occurs:

• Periodic re-authentication is enabled, and the re-authentication timer expires.

You can configure the re-authentication timer to use a switch-specific value or to be based on values from the RADIUS server.

After 802.1x authentication using a RADIUS server is configured, the switch uses timers based on the Session-Timeout RADIUS attribute (Attribute[27]) and the Termination-Action RADIUS attribute (Attribute [29]).

The Session-Timeout RADIUS attribute (Attribute[27]) specifies the time after which re-authentication occurs.

The Termination-Action RADIUS attribute (Attribute [29]) specifies the action to take during re-authentication. The actions are Initialize and ReAuthenticate. When the Initializeaction is set (the attribute value is DEFAULT), the 802.1x session ends, and connectivity is lost during re-authentication. When the ReAuthenticate action is set (the attribute value is RADIUS-Request), the session is not affected during re-authentication.

• You manually re-authenticate the client by entering the dot1x re-authenticate interfaceinterface-id privileged EXEC command.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/sw8021x.html

---do not forget to rate the useful post---

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card