Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1)
Updated July 25, 2014: Reposted UCSPE 2.2(1b) to fix the expired certificate issue.
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- SD card - All supported Compute servers now have SD card in their slot.
New Software Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1) includes the following new features:
- Smartplay bundles with new bundle packs
- Second-level boot order support for Blade and Rack servers
- User-Space NIC (usNIC) support for Blade and Rack servers
- Firmware download support from a local file system
- Direct Connect Rack configuration feature in the Emulator GUI
- SD card firmware upgrade support for supported Compute servers
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)