Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(2cPE1)
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(2cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- New scalable M4 Blade Module for the UCSC-B260-M4 or UCSC-B460-M4 Blade Server added
- New rack-mounted server UCSC-C460-M4 added
- Support for the following storage accelerators:
New Software Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(2cPE1) includes the following new features:
- Support for the scriptable vMedia feature to create mount points on Cisco IMC. The mounts are only configured and not actually mounted.
- New tab Storage Controller added under Startup Inventory. You can drag and drop the storage controllers on the rack-mounted servers or the blade servers.
- You can add the scalable M4 Blade Module in scaled (4S) or non-scaled (2S) mode.
- The default configuration is changed to the M3 blade and rack-mounted servers.
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)