Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1)
The UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1) is a platform release that ONLY supports the 6324 Fabric Interconnect based domains. No other Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) will work with this UCSPE.
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- Fabric Interconnect IOM: UCS-FI-M-6324
- Chassis: UCSB-5108-AC2 and UCSB-5108-DC2
- Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1) has the following limitations:
- In the UCSM component topology, the link between the rack server and FI is shown as down.
- While importing with the ‘Live Import’ feature, adapters other than Lexington do not get imported.
- Firmware version of components in UCSPE is not visible on the Cisco UCS Central.
- Disconnecting of the servers by unconfiguring their server ports does not impact the server state.
- We recommended that you check the imported configuration on the Control Panel to ensure there are no missing components or unsupported components. Unsupported or missing components can impact discovery and it is out of the limitation of the UCSPE catalog that such a scenario can occur. We suggest you delete the unsupported components and add the component manually on the Control Panel. Occasionally, import of rack servers might fail.
- Live import of the configuration is possible only with the UCS Mini and not with other versions of the Cisco UCS Manager.
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)