What is the Cisco Champion Program?
The purpose of the Cisco Champion Program is to create and nurture a network of people who are passionate about Cisco and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco.
The Cisco Champion program encompasses different areas of interest and geographical areas within the company, providing a variety of opportunities for Champions to participate in the program.
Who is eligible to be a Cisco Champion?
This program is open to individual Cisco enthusiasts who are 18 years of age or older. An ideal Cisco Champion:
- Is active on social media
- Expresses balanced view of Cisco
- Has Cisco-related expertise
- Has overall expertise in IT industry
- Chooses to actively participated in conversations relevant to Cisco and the IT industry
Cisco reserves the final right to select Cisco Champion status for an individual at its sole discretion.
How are Cisco Champion members selected?
Members can be selected in two ways:
- Cisco identifies potential candidates that meet the criteria outlined above
- Candidates can nominate themselves or their peers for consideration in the program
How long does the Cisco Champion Program membership last?
Once selected, membership lasts for one year. Membership selection starts on or around October 1 of each year. Candidates can nominate themselves or their peers for consideration in the program. Cisco reserves the right to make final selections of Cisco Champions.
What are the benefits of being a Cisco Champion?
Benefits of the Cisco Champion program include, but are not limited to:
- Exclusive meeting and event opportunities
- Special access to certain technology groups and executives
- Invitations to provide feedback to Cisco on various topics
- Access to a private online community initiated by and for Cisco Champions
- Sneak peeks
- A digital Cisco Champion badge that can be used in email signatures, websites, and social networks during the membership years. See guidelines here.
How do Cisco Champions share their membership status?
Cisco Champions are welcome to share their membership status in the following ways:
- Feature their electronic Cisco Champion badges in any email signature, personal website, and social website profile
- Include the hashtag #CiscoChampion in any tweet
- Talk about Cisco Champions and their membership in the program offline
- Wear and use official Cisco Champion logo wear and accessories if and when they become available
What are the requirements for maintaining Cisco Champion membership?
Cisco Champion members are encouraged to stay engaged in the program through activities such as, but not limited to:
- Interacting with and supporting fellow Cisco users in their own social networks and on Cisco social networks
- Contributing Cisco or industry expertise through blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, or other online social channels
- Engaging and attending exclusive Cisco Champion events, calls, sessions, and more
- As the program evolves, engagement opportunities will evolve as well
Cisco reserves the right to remove Cisco Champion status for an individual. Reasons may be but are not limited to:
- Not staying active in the program
- Identifying oneself a Cisco representative
- Attacking or negatively inflaming online conversations or otherwise making disparaging comments
- Accepting a job with a Cisco competitor
- Any other reason in Cisco's sole discretion
What interest areas does the Cisco Champion Program cover?
The Cisco Champion Program encompasses five main interest areas.
- Cisco Champions for Data Center
- Cisco Champions for Collaboration
- Cisco Champions for Enterprise Networks
- Cisco Champions for the Internet of Things
- Cisco Champions for Security
Questions? Contact us