Cisco UCS Platform Emulator (2.2(5a))
CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE: Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC. UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator Release 2.2(5aPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- Added Haswell CPUs to the catalog.
- Added support for the following Blade Servers:
- Cisco UCS Scalable M4 Blade Module for UCSB-EX-M4-2 Blade Server.
- Added support for the UCSC-PCIE-Q8362 network adapter.
- Added the following templates for UCSB-B420-M4, UCSC-C460-M4, UCSB-EX-M4-1 and UCSB-EX-M4-2 servers:
New Software Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(5aPE1) includes the following new features:
- Added support for time zone management.
- Added support for scaled mode for UCSB-EX-M4-2 blade server
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)