All Licensing options and capabilities including the Evaluation licenses and enforcement are explained in the ISE Licensing Guide.
Every new ISE installation - either an ISO or OVA - includes 90-day free evaluation licenses for up to 100 endpoints for all ISE services.
Anyone may download the ISE trial / evaluation software from http://cs.co/ise-eval
- 90-day Trial Licenses include Base, Plus and Apex licenses for 100 endpoints
- Trial licenses are activated on every ISE instance upon running 'setup' from the CLI
- Trial licenses may be extended by adding another 90-day evaluation license. See Additional Evaluation Licenses below.
- Alarms will not be sent for license expiration notification
- After expiration, administrators will be redirected upon login to a license page on cisco.com and will not be able to access their Dashboard or other tools
Additional Evaluation Licenses
Upon installation, every standalone ISE node has 90-day free evaluation licenses for up to 100 endpoints for all ISE services.
Any Cisco Sales Representatives can generate any ISE feature licenses for an additional 90 or 365 days using our Cisco Internal License Generation Tool [Cisco Internal Only] with your ISE Primary and Secondary PAN node's Unique Device Identifier(s) (UDIs).
Additional licenses cannot be generated without the Unique Device Identifiers (UDIs) for your ISE PAN(s).
Failure to include the ISE PAN primary and secondary will result in delays in getting your licenses.
Alternatively, If you need to extend your evaluation licenses for >365 days or >100 endpoints then please contact the Cisco Global Licensing Organization (GLO) (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your UDIs and your license request.
How to Obtain the Unique Device Identifier (UDI)
Licenses are generated for your ISE installation's Unique Device Identifier (UDI) from your ISE Primary Policy Administration Node (PAN) and optionally the Secondary PAN in the case of a Failover. The UDI consists of :
- Product Identifier (PID)
- Version Identifier (VID)
- Serial Number (SN)
The easiest way to obtain the ISE UDI for the PAN primary and secondary is at the bottom of the ISE page Administration > System > Licensing:
Alternatively, you may use the About menu in the web interface of your ISE Policy Administration Node(s):
And you may use the show udi CLI command from console of your ISE Administration node(s) :