Cisco Intersight Overview
This document provides an overview of the Cisco Intersight Service which can be used for cloud based management of UCS devices including HyperFlex, UCS Manager domains, and standalone UCS C-Series Servers. The Intersight service is currently available to anyone with a cisco.com ID and devices capable of connecting to the Intersight Service. Be sure to read more on Cisco Intersight - Cisco
Also be sure to visit the main Intersight Communities space for detailed overviews and discussion forums: Intersight
Demo Overview and Additional Information
- Be sure to watch the video demo of account creation and other management operations that can be performed from Cisco Intersight!
Currently Supported Devices
- HyperFlex version 2.5
- Navigate to Settings->"Cloud Management Preview" to enable an Intersight connection to your HyperFlex cluster
- UCS Manager 3.2
- Navigate to Admin->"Device Connector" to enable an Intersight connection to your UCS Manager domain
- Read more on how UCS Manager 3.2(1) ushers in the UCS M5 generation servers and the next generation UCS management platform
- C-Series Standalone Software 3.1
- Navigate to Admin->"Device Connector" to enable an Intersight connection to your Integrated Management Controller (IMC)
- Read more on Cisco IMC Software 3.1(1): Enabling UCS C-Series M5 servers and the next generation UCS management platform
Accessing Devices from Intersight
- Once you have a device ready for connection, visit https://intersight.com to sign in with your cisco.com ID
- After signing in, select "Create an account" and provide a Device ID and Claim Code from a UCS or HyperFlex device.
- Note that the "Device ID" and "Claim Code" requested when claiming a device will need to be captured from the device in the menus mentioned above. Here is an example screen shot:
Deleting (Unclaiming) a Device
- The following steps can be used to remove a device from an account:
Intersight Service Status, Feedback, and Troubleshooting
- Visit https://intersight.com/help/ to access help documentation and user guides.
- To check overall status of the Intersight Service, visit https://status.intersight.com
- There are a few options for providing product feedback (including defect reports):