查看次数
有帮助
回复

Remove some static NAT on a Cisco 3945 router, not all of it, but some

MMMO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody
Our live network production has a Cisco 3945 router, the version is version 15.4, running NAT, now these NAT configurations, there are several NAT configurations are no longer needed, want to delete it;
However, we tried to delete "no ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y" directly, but the message was that it could not be deleted. Is there any other way to delete this item? To be sure, no NAT pool is involved.
Note that you do not delete all NAT configurations, but some of them.

8 条回复8

this need some steps first 
1- no ip nat inside from interface 
2- clear ip nat translate <<- do this at least three times
3- remove the static NAT 
4- add ip nat inside again

MHM

Hi,MHM

I checked the NAT translations status of the live network device today and found that the corresponding address and NAT session entries should be clarified directly instead of all session entries;
In addition, only this egress on the device is set to inside. If no ip nat inside is set on the port, I think other services unrelated to this adjustment will be affected.
Therefore, I directly clear the corresponding session table in config mode and then no ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y. Is this feasible?
3945(config)#do clear ip nat translation inside x.x.x.x
3945(config)#no ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

MMMO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,MHM

I checked the NAT translations status of the live network device today and found that the corresponding address and NAT session entries should be clarified directly instead of all session entries;
In addition, only this egress on the device is set to inside. If no ip nat inside is set on the port, I think other services unrelated to this adjustment will be affected.
Therefore, I directly clear the corresponding session table in config mode and then no ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y. Is this feasible?
3945(config)#do clear ip nat translation inside x.x.x.x
3945(config)#no ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

Yes but try clear NAT multi times

MHM

OKOK, maybe you can use the script directly and brush all the commands into the device at one time, the interval will be relatively short, so maybe you can quickly delete static NAT entries with session entries, thanks, I will try:)

You are so welcome
you get idea here, when you clear NAT entry if there is traffic toward route the router add new entry 
so that why I ask you no ip nat inside to stop traffic.

goodluck 

MHM

Hi,

After the change operation, the static NAT configuration that I want to remove is not actually deleted. It still indicates that NAT configuration is in use. You may need to reclaim the corresponding NAT configuration after the device restarts later.
I use the following command in the change window for reference only:
In configuration mode
do clear ip nat translation inside x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
no ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

Friend you missing one point 

So the correct steps

1-

Interface x/x

No ip nat inside 

2-

do clear ip nat translation inside x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

3-