cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to stop emails from going into voicemail

dawahlert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am having a problem with users emails going into thier voice mailbox. Does anyone know how to stop this? I have compared all of the unity settings to a person who is not having this issue and nothing is different. Is this something that is setup in exchange perhaps?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you have some voice mail only users on the same system with some UM folks and you want to make sure the VM only folks don't get emails stacking up in their inbox that they can't do anything about.

Make sure they're hidden in the address book so folks don't accidentially include them in email address lists - this can be done in later versions of 4.x directly in the SA or in the AD/Exchange interface.

Make sure they're not a member of any email distribution lists - this is the most common cause of such things.

You can also use Message Store Manager (for which you'll find the latest version on www.CiscoUnityTools.com) to sweep through the VM only users and clear out non voice mail messages.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the subscriber's "Class of Service" (COS)

Licensed Features

"Text-to-Speech for e-mail messages" allows subscribers assigned to this COS to have their e-mail messages read to them by an e-mail reader over the phone.

H. M.

Thank You -- that is what it was -- the COS setting!!