cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex not runing

pavkad
Level 1
Level 1

When I install the app when it was last updated, it fails to start on multiple machines. It only uses the CPU but the program does not start. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. Some places it works fine and then not again. Even if it is a cleanly installed machine. What is causing the problem, is an update from MS to blame?

5 Replies 5

Aubrey.Jones
Level 1
Level 1

It is not part of the package, but it will look for it, and attempt to install it if it doesn't see it. In a corp environment, I'd say get your desktop team to install it in advance if you can, for ease. See the below article for more info.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nzpgci2/Webex-App-%7C-WebView2-requirement

Aubrey Jones
Sr. UC Engineer | LPL Financial

Melissa2725
Level 1
Level 1
Have you checked to see if you have "Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime installed on those machines that are having issues? The application won't allow you to sign in if you do not have it.

At our organization any add-ins are blocked when installing software so we had to manually push this out to all devices.

The component is installed yet on some NBs it won't start. But it only happens on the new versions of the older ones so it didn't have that problem. Isn't some update from MS to blame?

edge webview are part of the webex package or we need to install
separately.

It is part of the package. I only suggested looking to see if it was installed if you have issues because our organization has super strict security requirements so while the application updated or installed on devices, our group policy stripped that out piece of the install.  We had to have our desktop engineering team push out the runtime separate.  Good news is once that is installed Webex and our embedded app Slido are now functioning properly.