Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI as San Storge Backbon /FC /FCOE

Ezzedine
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

we are trying to design a new Data Center, the idea to merge the SAN Switches into the ACI.
the question: is that a good idea? which Model of deployment is preferd FC Native or FCoE?
i have searched for new models of the leafs serie that supports FC nothing available, is that not supporting anymore?did Cisco remove the FC/FCoE feature in the new Generation?

i am open for all the suggestions and ideas

thank you in advance

Ezzedine

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only older Gen (FX) switches currently support FC - I wouldn't recommend this direction for any new design.  Even with some of the new ASICs in development supporting FC, I don't expect it to be enabled for ACI mode.  Most of the feedback we've heard from customers is they prefer to separate FC from their DC LAN fabrics.  IP storage (iSCSI, NFS etc) and NMVeOverFabric/TCP is another story - this usecase is something customers are actively incorporating into their ACI fabric design.

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only older Gen (FX) switches currently support FC - I wouldn't recommend this direction for any new design.  Even with some of the new ASICs in development supporting FC, I don't expect it to be enabled for ACI mode.  Most of the feedback we've heard from customers is they prefer to separate FC from their DC LAN fabrics.  IP storage (iSCSI, NFS etc) and NMVeOverFabric/TCP is another story - this usecase is something customers are actively incorporating into their ACI fabric design.

Robert

Ezzedine
Level 1
Level 1

hello @Robert Burns,

Thank you very much !

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License