cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI can't track ESXi host (UCS-B with VMM)

t.houmaiza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a test VMM domain setup where I can't ping the gateway from any VM attached to an EPG tied to a VMware VMM domain. Both the vpc leafs pair and the ESXi hosts (UCS-B) can see the FIs via CDP:

Leaf201# show cdp neighbors | begin UCS
UCS-6120-A
                    Eth1/47        135    S I s     N10-S6100     Eth1/1        
UCS-6120-B
                    Eth1/48        138    S I s     N10-S6100     Eth1/1 

Capture.PNG

I noticed that neither the BD or EPG information is getting programmed, please see the show vlan output:

Leaf201# show vlan

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- --------- -------------------------------
13   infra:default                    active    Eth1/1, Eth1/2, Eth1/3
45   XXX_tenant1:test_app_bd        active    

VLAN Type  Vlan-mode
---- ----- ----------
13   enet  CE     
45   enet  CE     

Remote SPAN VLANs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vswitch policy is configured with LLDP off, CDP on and MAC-Pining:

Capture2.PNG

To test that all the vlans are correctly trunked (DVS -- FI -- Leaf) when I change the EPG VMM domain resolution immediacy to Pre-proviosioning I can reach the ACI gateway.

Could you please point what could be missing?

2 Replies 2

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using pre-provision immediacy, policy is downloaded to ACI leaf switch regardless of CDP/LLDP neighborship, even without a hypervisor host connected to the VMM switch. This could be related to ACI not detecting the CDP/LLDP adjacency and not building the loose node relationship correctly and in turn not pulling inventory correctly from the ESXI host in question.  If you go to Fabric -> Inventory -> Unmanaged Fabric Nodes -> Find the FIs -> does the blade switch see the ESXI hosts? 

Ex:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 10.09.59 PM.png

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you verify the static port binding for VPC in ESXi Mgmt EPG and check if the deployment immediacy is on-demand or immediate?

If it is on-demand then please change that to Immediate. Then your VM learning should happen without pre-provision. Let me know if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

Jayesh

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License