Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aggregate export flag under L3Out EXT EPG in ACI

Hi fellow enthusiasts, I came across a customer requirement to use the 0.0.0.0/0 with the aggregate export flag under the External EPG of a L3Out. Now I know this will advertise everything out, but does it also advertise the transit routes that the ACI learnt from other L3Outs? 

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @SandevChopra07800 

If the export control policy is configured to include the transit routes learned from other L3Outs, then those routes will be advertised along with the default route.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

there only will be a quad-zero with the aggregate flags as shown in the below screenshot - 

SandevChopra07800_0-1706474043291.png

Will it still advertise transit routes + default R + Local BDs ? 

@SandevChopra07800 

The advertisement of transit routes would depend on the export control policies and routing configurations. If your export control policies allow the advertisement of transit routes, and if your routing protocol (e.g., BGP) is configured to advertise those routes, then they may also be included in the advertisements.

By default, local BD routes are not advertised to the external network unless explicitly configured to do so. If you want to advertise local BD routes, you would need to include them in the export control policies.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

There are no explicit export control policies/Route-maps configured anywhere. The BD subnets are associated with this L3Out, so coming back to my Q, will this quad-zero with aggregated flag advertise the transit routes? Simple yes or no? 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License