Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Issue post XML from 4.2 into 5.2

Daniel Blanco
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have a Cisco ACI in 5.2 version in my LAB with a customer tenant configured. I need make some changes in bridge domain configuration to configure subnet ip address and associate it to outside L3. The customer has 4.2 version and I´ve configured in may lab all the changes and after that I´ve saved each bridged domain configuration in XML format in fact to import into 4.2.

When I´ve tried to import (throught post in APIC GUI) bridge domain XML I´ve found this parameters in XML config that seems is not supported in 4.2 : "userdom".

Does somebody suffer this issue too? Could you help me?.

Many thanks !!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The userdom property likely didn't exist in the BD's object model in the version of 4.2 your customer is using.  Just remove the userdom="" entry from the 5.2 XML config (under the BD section) and it should import fine.

Robert

View solution in original post

Just to close the loop, I confirmed this in the object model of both 4.2 vs. 5.2.  You'll see the userDom property was added between the two versions.

fvBD_UserDom.png

Regards.

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The userdom property likely didn't exist in the BD's object model in the version of 4.2 your customer is using.  Just remove the userdom="" entry from the 5.2 XML config (under the BD section) and it should import fine.

Robert

Just to close the loop, I confirmed this in the object model of both 4.2 vs. 5.2.  You'll see the userDom property was added between the two versions.

fvBD_UserDom.png

Regards.

Robert

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License