Helpful
Replies

L2 IGMP query on ACI leaf switches

NDP
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

need one help 

I was asked to check if L2 IGMP querier was enabled or not on Leaf switch ports where ESXis are connected. 

could someone confirm if IGMP querier is enabled by default on ACI leaf switches if not, how do we enable.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Durga

It's disabled by default. In order to enable a IGMP Snooping Querier you need to configure a IGMP Snoop Policy (Tenant --> Networking --> Protocol Policies --> IGMP Snoop) with the "enable querier" option checked and attach this policy to the corresponding bridge domain.

HTH

Marcel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Durga

It's disabled by default. In order to enable a IGMP Snooping Querier you need to configure a IGMP Snoop Policy (Tenant --> Networking --> Protocol Policies --> IGMP Snoop) with the "enable querier" option checked and attach this policy to the corresponding bridge domain.

HTH

Marcel

Hi,

I'm trying to find out, where I can set the IGMP snooping querier address. In ther configuration guide there is the following statement:

As a best practice, a unique IP address, one that is not already used by the switch interface or the Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) virtual IP address, should be configured so as to easily reference the querier function.

The IP address for the querier should not be a broadcast IP address, multicast IP address, or 0 (0.0.0.0)"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/L3_config/b_Cisco_APIC_Layer_3_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_APIC_Layer_3_Configuration_Guide_chapter_010000.html#concept_3B3D0956578C40EA91AA7A01487CE62B 

The document describes the steps to enable the querier option, but does not show how to set the querier address. Does ACI do this automatically or do I have to set the querier address by myself and if yes where?

Best Regards

Carsten

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License