Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos in ACI

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Physical server connetd in ACI Fabric where i want to restrict perticular server trafic to 50 Mbps on physical interface level.

Is it can be achived via Qos policy in ACI? if not any alt solution?

Note: Need to restrict only 1 perticular server trafic not entire segment trafic.

1 Reply 1

xinj2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

As we know, ACI QoS allows us to classify the network traffic in our fabric and then to prioritize and police the traffic flow to help avoid congestion in our network. When traffic is classified within the fabric, it is assigned a QoS Priority Level, which is then used throughout the fabric to provide the most desirable flow of packets through the network. So we can manage bandwidth consumption on ACI leaf interfaces with ACI QoS class and Data Plane policy but can not restrict a particular traffic on interface level.

DPP Setting(Interface level): Fabric > Access Policies > Policies> Data Plane Policing
Fabric > Access Policies > Interfaces > Policy Groups > <Interface policy group> (apply to interface Policy Group)

xinj2_0-1712902822741.png

Please refer to following document for details.

Cisco APIC Security Configuration Guide, Release 5.2(x)

Best Regards, 

Tina

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License