Views
Helpful
Replies

Refreshing APIC-L2's with APIC-L4's

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm trying to make sure I understand the procedure for refreshing our current L2 APIC's with our new L4 APIC's.

Currently our fabric is running 5.2(4) , and the new L4 APIC's require either 5.3 or 6.0.5 (which has just come out and is what we want to use).

My understanding is I need to upgrade the existing L2 APIC's to the new software version (in our case 6.0.5), and then I can just perform the "APIC replacement" procedure one-by-one?

• Or is it possible to not have to upgrade our existing L2 APIC's (leave them running 5.2(4) ), and then replace each L2 APIC with a new L4 APIC that would be running 6.0.5 ? I feel like this is a bad idea though : )
0xD2A6762E
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

APICs in a Cluster must be all the same version.  Upgrade the existing L2 APICs to an L4-APIC supported version (5.3 or 6.0), then follow the regular replacement providure one by one.  

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mannytavarez
Level 1
Level 1

Following as I have to do the same

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

APICs in a Cluster must be all the same version.  Upgrade the existing L2 APICs to an L4-APIC supported version (5.3 or 6.0), then follow the regular replacement providure one by one.  

Robert

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

@Robert Burns great! Thanks again!

0xD2A6762E

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License