Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing spine by a different spine model

ANAKIN_TN
Level 1
Level 1

HELLO, 

i have cisco aci fabric with many pords, one of my pods are made by 2 x Cisco Nexus 9332C spines connecting 16 leaves with 4 uplinks for each leafs.

I already used all the ports of the spines and i want to replace the 32 ports Cisco Nexus 9332C  spines by Cisco Nexus 9364C 64ports  spines that i already buy  .

How can i proceed withiut impacting the production and the traffic in the fabric ? 

thers is any restriction about upgrading the spine hardware ? knowing the if i will replace using the RMA method or like im replacing a broken spine the pod will works for a while with 2 spine having different harwares .

Thank you in advance for your help .

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ANAKIN_TN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

I have new update about this, the cisco TAC says that there is no problem replacing this by an another spine we just must keep te same port mapping.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @ANAKIN_TN,

What is your Leaf's model ?

What is your oversubscription ratio now ?

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

What is your Leaf's model ? the actuals are  Cisco Nexus 9332C

What is your oversubscription ratio now ? 3:1

Hello @ANAKIN_TN,

What is your Leaf's model ? the actuals are  Cisco Nexus 9332C 

Are you sure as Leaf ?

Best regards

soory my leaf models is C93240YC-FX2

ANAKIN_TN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

I have new update about this, the cisco TAC says that there is no problem replacing this by an another spine we just must keep te same port mapping.

Regards

Ok @ANAKIN_TN 

Thabks for your feedback 

Best regards

Hi M02@rt37

A side question, can the C9500 serve as spine for Nexus 9300 leaf?

Any back draw on that?

Thanks

Hello @ANAKIN_TN 

In term of design, Catalyst switches are typically used for campus and enterprise deployments, while Nexus Switches are more common in Data Cnnter environments. 

Best regards

Hello @ANAKIN_TN ,

have you replaced the spine in your environment? 

If Yes, then please assist me by providing pre-requisite and instruction about replacement.

Have you faced any problem like traffic loss while replacing the spine? What time required for new spine to join the fabric after configuring node ID and hostname?

After one spine goes down then all workload shift to the other spine which is in production. So what is the behavior of that active spine? Its memory and CPU utilization.

Please assist  

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License