Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Initial feedback and general comments

Don,

Been testing the RV110W and I have to say it is a cool little box. I have, however, found a few things that need to be revised and enhanced. I am using the latest firmware you provided:

1) Clicking on "Help" button forces you to re-login only to send you to the quick start page.

2) "Service Management" under the Firewall tab has a checkbox with no description or any apparent purpose.

3) Adding a row under Firewall Service Management requires that you click "Save" first, so this is effectively a Save without a configuration change.

4) It is impossible to find the default gateway offered via DHCP for the WAN connection. Status Summary, details, etc., none had it.

5) Does uPNP really work? I was testing a camera that is supposed to signal, via uPNP, the opening of some UDP (RTP) and TCP (HTTP) ports and it didn't happen. I know my camera does support it correctly.

6) It is nice that the SIP ALG is enabled by default, since a Vonage connection behind the router just worked on a private IP. It would be better, however, that this was a visible setting.

7) DDNS options are a little poor. For example, better services (like no-ip.com) are a glaring omission.

On the positive side, I have found that my wireless range is good and I am not experiencing poor service for the few devices I have on the WiFi. I will keep testing t see if I find the same issues others have complained about.

Thanks a lot,

Marcos

1 Reply 1

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Marcos... Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your comments/feedbacks.

1) Clicking on "Help" button forces you to re-login only to send you to the quick start page.

I tried but didnot see symptom that you indicated. But then again, we are still having few problems w/ Help page. I'll check again.

2) "Service Management" under the Firewall tab has a checkbox with no description or any apparent purpose.

This check box becomes active/visible when you added an entry/row into this table. The pre-define entries are default and cannot be changed; thus checkbox is not active. Btw, when check box is used/clicked, it will *check* all the modifiable entries; i.e. allow to edit/delete multiple or all entries.

3) Adding a row under Firewall Service Management requires that you click "Save" first....

To add a row, I thought you have to click "Add Row" 1st, filled out information, and then click "Save". That didn't work for you? Please provide more detail.

4) It is impossible to find the default gateway offered via DHCP for the WAN connection

You're right! Will ask Dev team to add this info...

5) Does uPNP really work? ...

It seemed to work for me. Even RV110W announced Upnp. What's model of your camera? Do you see it visible under your Window PC's My Networks Places (provided that both camera and pc resided in same LAN)?

6)It is nice that the SIP ALG is enabled by default, since a Vonage ...

Glad that it's working for you. You're way ahead on this issue. I have not tried w/ SIP yet. I'm not sure why this option is not visible. Will check w/ Dev team and get back to you on this.

7) DDNS options are a little poor. For example, better services (like no-ip.com) are a glaring omission...

Will send you recommendation to the team for further improvement in this area.

With regards,

Don