cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Jabber SDK support video conf calls?

We have a working integration with Jabber SDK and so far we have only been able to do voice conference calls.

One of our senior devs, who researched the issue, swears that only VOICE conferences are possible and quotes the example code that comes with Jabber SDK. He says he is 99% confident with the remaining 1% being some hidden or obscure setting in CUCM that could allow VIDEO conference calls.

Do you have any experience with either: a CUCM setting that manages video/voice conf calls or Jabber SDK for Web?

Bonus: do you know what is the maximum number of participants in a (video) conf call? Is it 4?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Jabber SDK-based clients can participate in video conference calls.

The default maximum is 4, but you can set it to something else here in CUCM:

System -> Service Parameters (select your server and Call Manager as the service)

The settings are under Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Conference)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Jabber SDK-based clients can participate in video conference calls.

The default maximum is 4, but you can set it to something else here in CUCM:

System -> Service Parameters (select your server and Call Manager as the service)

The settings are under Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Conference)

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks - we found the options about the max. number of participants.

We've also set the number of people required for a video conference to 1 (default is 2) but still conference calls are audio only. Here's how our integration works:

I call someone - it's video and we see each other. A third person calls and when I accept/invite him for a 3-way conf. call, the video disappears. If one person leaves (so it's 1-to-1), the call remains audio, i.e. doesn't go back to video.

I'm wondering if it's something that was not implemented when we integrated with the SDK or it's a simple CUCM setting. I think all our CUCM conference options are default, but if it helps, I can send you a screenshot.

Thanks in advance!

Is 3-party video conferencing working for other video endpoints, e.g. desk phones or Jabber for Windows?

Nope, we cannot get a video conference with Jabber desktop client either. The moment that a third guy joins, the video disappears. The "Start my video" button doesn't seem to have effect.

Also below are the settings for our CUCM. All of them are default, we just tried to tweak the minimum number of video capable participants. Obviously, all three participants had video.

conf.png

conf2.png

I believe that video conferencing (parties >2) does imply that MCU video muti-plexing hardware is installed/configured for the system.  Would recommend working with Cisco TAC to ensure regular deskphone softphone video conferencing is configured and working - in which case Jabber SDK video endpoints should just work.